Your Talent. Our Vision.At Anthem, Inc.,it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us andtogether we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
New York City, NY
Other locations that may be considered:
Thousand Oaks or Woodland Hills, CA
Virginia Beach or Norfolk, VA
Works with business partners to identify and implement multiple technical projects of varying sizes, as defined by Company methodology, such as broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development, building enterprise applications or data warehouse planning and development. Manages projects at least $1M in size or equal complexity. Directs system analysts, software designers and programmers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives. Works with moderate guidance and is responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems. Operates within defined parameters using project management methodology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Manages the development of a prescribed planning document; develops project charter; partners with sponsors to secure project approval; develops communication management plan; defines project team roles and responsibilities, develops work plan structure and project schedule; develops deployment plan; leads project meetings; identifies, documents and prioritizes scope changes and facilitates approval process;
2. Maintains and updates all project documents; secures the appropriate skill sets for project; sets and manages expectations with resource managers and team members; provides performance feedback to team members and resource managers.
3. Maintains issue log; facilitates resolution of issues.
4. Executes communication plans; regularly reports status of reports.
5. Manages and monitors ROI throughout the project lifecycle; tracks and manages time and budget against plan.
6. Develops testing strategy; conduct project close-out activities; prepares and participates in quality review checkpoints; obtain/secure and archive necessary approvals; manage and update project plan; and performs other duties as assigned.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focus degree.
3-5 years experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development.
An equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Minimum of 5 years experience in project management during which at least 2 years are spent working in a lead role on one or more projects.
SharePoint, JIRA and Project preferred.
Experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization required.
Demonstrated application of project management methodology required. Knowledge or experience with project management tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
Requires an understanding of the overall organization.
Experience working with portfolio management applications and Rational tools preferred.
Experience working with virtual teams required.
Experience in both technical and business project management required.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Job Information Technology
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Technical Project Manager - 130911SK
Location: iowa-Des Moines
Other Locations: NY-New York City
Requisition ID: 130911
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.