Team is seeking a resource that is technical in nature/background and also possesses strong project management skills to help drive technology implementation projects. This person will be responsible for the on time/with in budget, end to end delivery of the infrastructure (hardware/software). They will serve as primary contact to senior management team for all project related questions. The resource will be responsible for interfacing with SMEs (Chief Engineers, System Admins, Build engineers, etc) and management to drive project deliverables and will interact heavily with the application teams to coordinate shared deliverables, provide updates, and handle inquiries and issues.
50% - reviewing business requirements and analyzing to technical requirements to determine which groups (engineering, architecture, migration, ops, etc) will be driving each piece
20% - managing status update calls/meetings with all teams
10% - recording project artifacts and documentation
20% - technical project review and driving specific deadlines
* Act in a project management role to manage small to large scale technology projects or multiple smaller scale projects through all stages of the life cycle, ensuring on-time, quality delivery.
* Has previous experience in technical role(s) i.e. System Administration (Linux, etc), Hardware/Server engineering, virtualization, etc.
* Leverages excellent written communications skills to complete project related documentation as well as present project status to senior level management.
* Assure project management methodology compliance through managing team efforts on the completion of required documentation.
* Work closely with application and infrastructure technology teams to gain consensus and approval of each phase of the project lifecycle.
* Manage stakeholder expectations as well as change control process and project budget.
* Understand all project issues and technical solutions.
* Coordinate system deployments with task such as Requirements Gathering, Estimation, Forecasting, Design and WBS management.
The candidates must also show characteristics including strong work ethic; technical expertise; leadership; attention to detail; assertiveness and initiative.
* Strong project management and leadership qualities; accustomed to manage multiple projects at one time with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
* 5 - 7 years of Technical background; experienced in broad range of technologies including databases, application servers, web servers, networking, virtualization
* Project management experience: managing project budgets, experience with work breakdown structures, integrated project planning and management, coordinating infrastructure and networking designs and deployment activities.
* Excellent communication skills, analytical skills and a highly professional attitude are essential.
* Ability to understand complex business problems with the ability to interpret business requirements, work flows, use cases and functional design and assist in technical requirements with minimal supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
* Multiple years of hands on project management experience
* Experienced with Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Previous Experience as a Technical Project Manager
- Previous Experience in Infrastructure/Engineering/Sys Admin/Network technology
*** eligibile to work under W2 only ***
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.