Technical Project Manager, Infrastructure
Location: Newton, MA, King of Prussia, PA or Atlanta, GA
The incumbent will primarily be internally focused on coordinating and reporting on enterprise-wide technical projects either within or among the Business Unit. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. May participate in the development of funding proposals. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect the business units or the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve goals results in additional costs and personnel, and serious delays in overall schedules. Frequently interacts with customers and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Interactions normally involve projects between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. In some instances this position may be responsible for subordinate employees.
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Health Solutions delivers industry-leading clinical evidence and expert technology to help payers and providers collaborate for better healthcare outcomes at lower costs. Our solutions reduce unnecessary healthcare utilization while improving outcomes; operationalize complex volume- and value-based payment models; and optimize billing communication between providers, patients and payers. Our solutions are in more than four out of five payers in the country; more than 3,900 hospitals and facilities use our InterQual® evidence-based decision support criteria; and our RelayHealth® financial solutions are used to automate 1.9 billion financial transactions each year.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
8+ years’ experience in designing, building, and implementing business solutions which may include using information technology. Significant experience in project management, requirements definition and/or deployment of business requirements to information systems
- Ability to manage large, complex projects through cross-functional teams (> 20 team members) working within a software development environment.
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects with diverse working groups
- Experience with systems, databases and virtual infrastructure
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Working knowledge of the components of the software release process, including issues of development, documentation, packaging and quality assurance
- Proficient in MS Office Tools: MS Project, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Power Point, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment (someone who is calm, cool and collected in high stress environments)
- Research capabilities, writing experience, and knowledge of medical and software coding languages a plus
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to conceptualize and develop new operational and/or product ideas
- Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable
- Working knowledge of PMI (Project Management Institute) best practices
- Strong problem solver and can ask good questions
- Experience with ITIL a plus
- Experience with Agile a plus
- Experience with Risk Identification and Risk Mitigation
- Experience with mature process organizations (e.g. CMMI/SEI) a plus
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Identifies own learning needs and seeks appropriate assistance
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
- Willingness and ability to work extra hours during a work week as required
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
PMP certification preferred
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.