New Product Introduction - Applied Global Service
Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in providing innovative equipment, services and software to enable the manufacture of advanced semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic products. Our technologies help make innovations like smartphones, flat screen TVs and solar panels more affordable and accessible to consumers and businesses around the world.
So, do you want to align your career with one of the fastest growing businesses in Applied Materials?
The Service Business Units (SBU's) of Applied Global Service are seeking ambitious candidates who have strong technical knowledge & experience (preferably around Semiconductor equipment in the areas of hardware design, product technical support, manufacturing engineering) and who have a passion to bring new products to the market. Working closely with the product engineering, product technical support and Field operations teams, this role will drive Service Readiness enhancement and achievement of Key Performance Indexes (KPI's) at customer sites for New Product Introduction (NPI) programs. The candidates should have a passion for technical program management and the ability to develop internal relationships with cross-functional teams of various disciplines. While work location is in Santa Clara, California, travel time can be up to 30% when required. NPI Staff Engineer Position Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Background & Education:
- Develops NPI Service Readiness project plan and oversees from conception and planning to implementation, including strategies, processes and resources. Ensures objectives are clearly defined and agreed to across the Business Unit.
- Coordinates Service Readiness Review meeting for NPI projects. Drives action items closure and risk mitigation plans execution.
- Engages hands-on on NPI lab chambers and in Design reviews / product characterization / statistical analysis.
- Drives allocated resources from within the Division and other organizations to achieve on-time and within budget performance objectives for the project.
- Identifies and resolves potential complications within the project and develops solutions for resolution.
- Establishes KPI baseline for NPI projects. Drives implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Identifies and shares NPI Best Known Methods. Applies learnings from sister SBU's for continuous improvement.
- Manages project schedule and task details by utilizing project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling software.
- Supports Corporate and other organizations' NPI initiatives and programs when required.
- Bachelor's Degree (Focus on Engineering or Sciences preferred)
- 10 Years of Experience in the following areas:
- Experience in technical roles (Global Product Support, Technical Product Support, Manufacturing Engineers or Customer Engineers)
- Experience on semiconductor processing tools (or equivalent in other high tech sectors), bringing new products to the field, or product management preferred
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.