Applied Materials' technologies help make innovations like smartphones, flat screen TVs and solar panels more affordable and accessible to consumers and businesses around the world. We are actively recruiting for a Technical Program Manager to join our Key Account Team. Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Etch Systems (Etch) and Patterning, Packaging Group Segment (PPG) Etch Product Business Summary
The Etch business unit and the broader Patterning, Packaging Group (PPG) are the leading part of the current and ongoing growth of Applied Materials, and are key elements of its strategic position in the semiconductor equipment market. This role is critical to ensuring the Business Unit and Account Teams execute on key programs at our Key Customer Account R&D center. Job Summary: Major Responsibilities
The TPM will be recognized as an authority within the company in their area of responsibility - contributing to the development of functional strategies that will lead to the success of AMAT products at Key Customer sites leading project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. This position requires an individual who is willing to drive and hold accountable individuals at the senior managers and first line manager levels. The TPM anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. The TPM solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business and the customer - driving overall performance to zero-defects.
Duties will require the ideal candidate to:
- Communicate effectively with the Division, the Account Team, and the customer
- Drive a Zero-Defects Quality culture within the Division and the Account for customer focused projects
- Develops project plan and oversees from conception and planning to implementation, including accountability, strategies, processes and resources. Ensures objectives are clearly defined and agreed to across the business unit.
- Responsible for managing schedule and task details by utilizing project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling software.
- Drives allocated resources from the Division, the Account Team, and the customer to achieve Zero-Defect, on-time and within budget performance objectives for the project.
- Leads multifunctional design teams comprised of internal, external and/or matrixed headcount to complete project/program. Provides technical and Zero-Defect operational excellence leadership to team members to achieve goals.
- Interfaces and coordinates with the Division, the Account Team, and the customers to define objectives, provide status updates and prepare for release and deployment.
- Provides engineering and business process expertise to team and other members on various significantly complex programs/issues.
- Identifies and resolves potential complications within the program and develops solutions for resolution
- Own and drive escalations for Key Account projects to closure; schedule meetings, ensure plans are developed and executed, and complete post mortem upon escalation closure
- Drive the Division to develop and resolve any documentation deficiencies required for ongoing projects at the customer site
- Proactively drive productivity issues that will impact application qualification and HVM readiness upon fanout - includes chamber matching activities
- Provides guidance and works with the Division to ensure CIP is HVM ready to include Pareto Analysis, HW, Process, SW, documentation, and spares requirements
- Self-starter: able to determine the critical path for key projects and drive to closure
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for Zero-Defect project execution
- Experience with Semiconductor Equipment or Components Manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree, Master's Degree preferred
- 4 - 6 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.