Recognized as an expert in new product development business process within the company. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements. Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal and/or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Key Responsibilities
- Anticipates future needs and initiates the development and implementation of new approaches to engineering design and development at the division/segment level with exceptional scope and significant customer impact.
- Develops and implements long-range plans and creates engineering or product specific strategies to reach goals and reviews engineering specifications.
- As part of senior business group leadership team, ensures that such programs, strategies, and processes address high value problems (HVP) for the division and across segment and is aligned with the organization's direction.
- Provides approval guidelines and leadership in the area of long-term program, strategy, and process design.
- Defines performance metrics and reports on the engineering functions' progress against division specific goals.
- The Program/Project Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring the Innovation Management processes (Stage-Gate etc.) and supporting software are effectively implemented, executed, maintained and improved within Applied Materials.
- Prepares project plans and drives the project from conception and planning to implementation. Will participate in the development of strategies, processes and resources.
- Respected, results-oriented person in the company. Has the knowledge, scope and experience needed to effectively implement the Innovation process throughout the organization. Responsible for keeping up-to- date on the latest research and best practices in Innovation and New Product Introduction/Development
- Be the expert source of knowledge on the New Product Development and Project Management process and be available to coach the project teams
- Facilitates Gate and Post Launch Reviews with project leaders and team members to capture learnings and recommended improvements and incorporate into the Stage-Gate process.
Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment Business Expertise
Applies in-depth knowledge of own segment/function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition Leadership
- May lead functional teams and/ or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
Bachelor's Degree 15 Years of Experience Engineering or Technical background. Product development and Project Management experience. Management through influence.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.