Contribute to the development of strategic programs and establish processes, and tools including change management to ensure highest level of service support for Applied Materials' customers. Manage the development and implementation of organization-wide knowledge sharing by integrating people, processes, and information technology in order to deliver knowledge to the field at point of service. Responsibilities
- Develop, assimilate and maintain KM strategy, processes and tools (regarding capturing, sharing and distribution). Develop, maintain and proliferate effective, easy to use and actionable information to field.
- Lead organizational change by building the organizational knowledge culture to promote learning, collaboration, sharing and improvements.
- Serve as key interface with other organizational functions (Engineering, BU Field, SBU, Manufacturing, Field Service Operations, Quality, GIS, AGS Service Business Units etc.) to develop and implement KM strategy.
- Link between the BU and AGS to improve flow of information and knowledge exchange.
- Benchmark Knowledge Management programs for continuous improvement.
- Work with BU Product Support and Field Service teams to develop accurate technical content as required by PLC phases.
- Identify innovative ways to capture product related information and how to manage revisions/changes/updates. Strategize and develop platforms for reuse of information.
- Assure timely and quality knowledge deliverables in NPI products phases and per SRR.
- Work with BU Product Support and Field Service teams to develop methodology to capture best known methods as a by-product of solving problems.
- Verify effective knowledge distribution to FSO teams/KM scouts by defining metrics, publishing performance, and driving continuous improvement efforts.
- Experience with knowledge management systems and IT tools.
- Profound methodological problem solving approach and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to manage effectively without authority; experience in matrix management.
- Strong interpersonal communication & presentation skills; fluent English is a must; ability to deal with and resolve conflicts.
- Independent, can work in an open environment and efficiently manage own work.
- Project and program management capabilities coupled with strong business and technology acumen.
- Experience with business process definition and optimization.
- Recognized as "guru" or external expert in a function
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories, techniques and/or technologies within own field
- Influences internal/external business and/or regulatory issues that have an impact on the business
- Leads highly visible multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives; provides thought leadership
- Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems; uses ground-breaking methods to think beyond existing solutions
- Impacts business direction through the development of innovative services or products
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Negotiates with senior management, customers, regulators or vendors to influence decisions
BS (or above) in Engineering, plus MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems is highly desired.
10 years of technical experience in an engineering, field support, or technical product support organization in the Semiconductor industry. Experience in knowledge management or technical training arena strongly preferred.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.