Fusion Applications Lifecycle Management is looking for senior-level leadership to be responsible for the full life cycle development and implementation of all frameworks and tooling necessary for the successful running of Fusion Applications for customers on Oracle Cloud. This position requires technical knowledge of the products, architecture, and organizational aspects of Oracle's Cloud and Fusion initiatives, and requires a proven track record for managing large and complex software continuous delivery. This is a senior position where the successful candidate will have a pivotal role in ensuring that Oracle Cloud maintains the highest of standards for world-class products. This is an extremely challenging, rewarding and visible position. The Life Cycle Management organization is central to the success of Oracle Cloud and Fusion, and has many varying and interesting projects and products which will keep the candidate motivated and challenged. You will be working alongside executives and leaders across the Fusion and Cloud initiatives and with team members across the globe including Oracle Fusion Middleware, Fusion Applications, Identity Management, Cloud Operations, and others. This is the perfect position for professionals looking to balance technical challenges with management and planning responsibilities.
This position requires extensive management tracking of features and fixes through development, QA and operational testing, tracking of dependencies amongst hundreds of changes across the entire technology stack, identifying risks and aggressive management ensuring timely and successful delivery to the SaaS fleet. This person will also be responsible for assuring timely triage and delivery from owning teams across development, support and operations, defining and ensuring proper and timely processes are followed in delivery to the fleet, coordinating and driving emergency fleet processes, and supporting fleet rollout of features/fixes.
The successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of Oracle Saas/Cloud products and underlying architecture and infrastructure. This position will require that the candidate have a technical understanding of the issues that are reported across the fleet including problem summary, root cause analysis, suggestions for product improvement, and architectural direction. As an LCM engineering leader, you will need to be involved in the technical day to day details with other key development, management, and architects within Oracle, as well as in daily interaction with executives and leaders across Oracle Cloud product initiatives. You will work with team members spread across the globe. The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, with demonstrated experience leading large cross-functional technology projects. The candidate must be able to thrive in a high pace environment.
Candidates must possess a high degree of competence in written and verbal communication skills, including formal and informal presentations to executive audiences. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area is required. 10-15 years of software engineering, program management and technical leadership experience required.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent, with a solid foundation in complex software development and release management.
• Significant development and release management experience in a SaaS/PaaS environment, with proven project and program management skills in very complex systems and project environments.
• Experience with large-scale data centers, software delivery processes, and cloud deployment architecture
• Possess a technology background that enables you to understand the complexities of the sophisticated cloud applications and architecture .
• Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
• A background of leading and working side by side with engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations teams required for successful software products. Possess the wide range of leadership skills necessary to plan, organize, and deliver a wide range of products in an organized fashion.
• Proven track record of leadership accomplishments
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
• Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.