Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/ or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Tech Rep- Fire Alarm/Security Services
About the role :
- This skilled position involves the programming of fire alarm, security, and access control system panels.
- Typical skills include the Reprogram, or pre-tear out and then add-ons and rebuild system and certify system
- Experience CCTV and IT and IP networks
- Organize and effectively utilize technical resources, information, material, and support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks.
- Complete and submit all required task-related, activity, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Candidate must possess excellent written/verbal communication and outstanding customer service skills.
- Troubling shooting and repairing installed systems.
Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years documented experience with fire alarm, access control, security intrusion, sound, communications systems or related electronic building systems.
- NICET Level II certification preferred.
- CCNA and A+ Network certifications a big plus.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.