The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking highly talented undergraduate level
students, with a passion for technology and sales to fill Technical Solution Specialist Internship roles.
At IBM, our clients have the future in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM's sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. We're driven by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. IBMers can access our entire organization to develop original ideas that help clients create the world they imagine.Our Clients are game changers; join a company where you can do your best work!
This is a summer 2018 position. Applicants should be a rising Junior or rising Senior student pursuing a degree in the areas of Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or similar disciplines. Intern positions are located in major cities across the U.S.
IBM Technical Sales Specialists are technical sales professionals guided by IBM's purpose - to be essential to their clients. You will actively engage clients to develop the trust and credibility to help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions. IBM Technical Sales Specialists deliver industry centric business solutions to clients of all sizes and markets. During your internship, you will work directly with sales professionals with opportunities at client sites and contribute to the day-to-day sales operations of the team. You will gain an understanding of IBM sales practices as well as knowledge about IBM's products in order to help develop business solutions for clients. You will shadow sales representatives on client engagements.
You will have the opportunity to network throughout all levels of IBM's robust organization, which will enable you to form contacts and gain insights on future opportunities within IBM. You may work with any of the following business units: Analytics, Cloud, Cognitive Solutions, Digital, Global Finance, Internet of Things, Security, Services, Social, Systems Hardware/Software or Watson Customer Engagement.
As a Technical Sales Intern, you will be part of the client account team and drive revenue through in-depth, complex technical demonstrations, designing solutions, technical evaluations, and/or proof-of-concepts. Please note; this is not an exclusive hands-on, coding or development job. This job will involve technical consulting with clients and helping clients design technical solutions. Be a Challenger, Step Up, Get Ready and Jump into the Ring!Technical Sales Intern
- Have ability to utilize information technology knowledge for business value;
- Have an aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network and engage clients;
- Have customer sales/service experience;
If you would like additional information about the Summit Program, please visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit/.
- Be a self-starter and have demonstrated leadership experience;
- Possess people and teaming skills;
- Possess research and analytical skills;
- Have a capacity to grasp technical details;
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills;
- Be able to independently travel to local IBM clients and meetings
- Be a rising Junior or rising Senior majoring in areas related to Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology with proven academic success.