Technical Sales Manager - Higher Education Preferred Qualifications
Great opportunity to sell a large bag of Oracle On-prem and Cloud solutions! Primary job duty is to sell into our Higher Education Vertical covering 9 states with a very warm pipeline! (CO, MT, WY, ND, SD, KS, NE, MN, IA)
Products aligned to this role include: Database, IaaS, PaaS, Storage, Security, Engineered Systems WebLogic, SOA, BPM, Identity Management, WebCenter, Java cloud service, Mobile Cloud Service, Integration Cloud Service and Exalogic. Successful candidates will have had success:
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Managing sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning.
- Developing solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application.
- Participating in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition.
- Negotiating pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale.
- Identifying and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Develops and executes sales plans and coordinates sales efforts to achieve new customer revenue and existing customer up-sell revenue targets.
- Experience selling complex cloud solutions into Diversified industries.
- Actively participates in regional marketing events for lead generation (industry trade shows, professional associations, etc...)
- Account Management - Builds client relationships: maximizes Oracle's revenue and profitability potential by up-selling to existing clients, driving renewal revenue and ensuring client satisfaction, interacts with global Key Account Directors
- Manages and grows portfolio of existing global clients by up-selling new revenue and raising awareness of the company's broader suite of cloud services and solutions.
- Involvement in kickoff meetings, major milestone meetings, and opportunistic participation where senior client decision makers are present.
- Sales Leadership - Strategic sales approach, creates value for clients and adds to the company's capabilities
- Maintains thorough understanding of Oracle's product offerings.
- Assists clients in developing the business case and value proposition for proposed solutions when necessary
- Collaborates with Client Services Team and Executive Leadership Team in executing the company's sales process including proposal development.
- 3 years Software Sales experience
Contact the Recruiter Directly Recruiter: Erin Smith - Erin.d.Smith@oracle.comQualifications:
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities. Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share. Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of technology sales experience. Ability to forecast, manage sales expenses, and successfully close new Oracle business. Business development, prospecting and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability. Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development. Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.