Technical Sales Professional IV (6-10+ years experience)
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The WW Insides Sales (WWIS) organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
The Technology Solutions team consists of highly capable individuals that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. As a Technology Solutions Professional, your primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers and Account Executives to understand the business’s needs, and then prove and design customer business solutions that leverage the Microsoft Cloud for Business. You will own technical and solution envisioning with customers via Skype engagements including demos, custom demos, solution designs, implementation plans and proof of concepts.
• Act as the key technical contact for our Inside Sales team with potential customers
• Demonstrate aspects of the technical and business solution to customers over Skype for Business
• Execute quick technical feasibility assessments and proposal developments for the customer’s identified solutions
• Scope the technical and security design for customer solutions, select optimal migration paths for the customer, build consumption plans, as well as execute limited POCs, where necessary
• Audit and confirm implementation requirements and pricing calculations as required, so that the customer receives an accurate projection of anticipated costs
• Prepare technical insights and key scenarios required to drive the right technical and business solution outcomes
• Contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Conduct group and one-on-one trainings across the Center on subjects of expertise
• Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics
• Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitor
• 4-year degree preferred.
• 6-10+ years of applicable technology related sales or business development experience; preferably working within a technical sales environment.
• Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture in the cloud
• Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions preferred
• Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
Apps & Infrastructure:
o Software design or development
o Application Design
o Systems Operations / Management
o Database architecture
o IP Networking
o IT Security
Data & Analytics:
o Big Data
o Advanced Analytics
o Mission critical/OLTP platforms
o Office clients
o SharePoint/OneDrive for Business
o Skype for Business
o Power BI
o Delve Analytics
• An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Major or minor in computer science, mathematics or engineering. Experience in one of these relevant fields is a bonus, computer science, mathematics or engineering.
• Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
• Takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge
• Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role
• Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
• Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
• Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
Multiple Positions are available.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.