Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. Job Summary:
The Technical Sales Specialist / Sales Engineer is responsible for working with Engineering, Operations, Technical Services and Sales to review specification for special hazard equipment and systems to develop detailed quotations and all supporting documentation for the Special Hazard Systems Sales Group. Primary Job Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications: Qualifications: Education
- Communicates directly with customers and sales teams to receive requests for proposals (RFPs), including project plans & specifications.
- Work with Sales to provide a competitively priced proposal and support activities needed (i.e. clarifications, follow ups) to win.
- Reviews RFP documentation including plans & specifications to determine appropriate equipment package to meet customer requirements.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Prepares proposals including equipment part numbers, equipment descriptions, project exceptions, project clarifications and any other required supporting documentation as well as timeline & deliverables.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities & maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Participate fully in training sessions, meetings, skill building and development classes.
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of related experience or Associates degree with 8-10 years of related experience
- Strong desire to meet or exceed customer requirements
- Ability to create urgency and maintain status reports on expedited orders
- Ability to interact with a cross functional team to achieve customer requirements within timeline expectations
- Ability to work in fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient level computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Experience with SAP or similar ERP systems a plus
- Excellent time management skills.
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task the activities with shifting priorities.
Customer Focus, Collaborate Across Boundaries, Organization, Execution, Communication
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.