Tyco (NYSE: TYC) is the world's largest pure-play fire and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $10+ billion company, Tyco has more than 69,000 employees in 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries serving the world's most demanding environments, including banking and financial services, oil and gas, marine, government, healthcare, retail, home security, transportation and commercial and industrial. More information on Tyco can be found at www.tyco.com . BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW Tyco Fire Protection Products
is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order. DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW
The mission of the Tyco Fire Protection Products (TFPP) Technical Services function is to provide quality service that exceeds customers' expectations, leading to the wide use and acceptance of our product offerings and solutions; increasing company value and mitigating business risk. JOB OVERVIEW
Sales Engineering serves the customer by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services. The Sales Engineer (SE) supports sales productivity and sales negotiation by securing the "technical close" in complex solutions. The SE collaborates with sales, customer service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, adhering to Tyco's product standards, quality standards and specifications.
The SE is responsible for achieving a profit on production capable solutions that fit within the Tyco product portfolio and satisfy the needs our customer.
The Sales Engineer reports to the ITO Technical Sales Manager.
Sales Engineer Job Duties include:
- Key point of contact for clients, answering queries, providing technical advice and new product introductions.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying/reviewing drawings, plans, RFI/RFQ's, SOW and related customer documents.
- Assist in negotiating contract, terms and conditions.
- Consult with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determine improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, service applications, engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements.
- Submits orders and confers with Customer Service Representatives.
- Monitors engineering changes and captures cost for these changes.
- Develops TM's, BDM's, Sales team, distribution team and customer by providing technical information, training and webinars.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Anticipates future legislation, advising customer on product, services, or equipment adherence to requirements.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Associates degree in Technology or Engineering or similar background through education or related experience.
- 3-5 years of work experience
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Project Management
- Process Management / Continuous Improvement
- Team Leadership and Facilitation
- Business data collection and analysis
- Business acumen
- Organizational awareness
- Risk management
- Problem solving
- Written communications
- Time Management
- Presentation skills
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Managing through systems
- Learning / change agility
- Drive for results
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.