In this Commissioned technical sales role aligned with the Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group Sales organization, you will be responsible for advising and influencing Intel's end user customers, ISVs, OEMs, Storage innovators, channel partners, and scale engines. Additionally, you will be responsible for understanding the business use case and technical merits of storage and SSD based solutions, developing relationships with customer/partner decision-makers to influence the customer's purchasing decision. You will work with all audiences to accelerate adoption of Intel-based platforms, and document gaps/provide feedback to solution stakeholders, including: solution architects, vertical/horizontal business leaders, and partners. Daily activities will include providing direct technical assistance to customers and partners, interfacing with Sr. technical decision makers for Line of Business and Operational Technology Groups and representing customer market segment requirements back into the business unit for future product planning.
• Drive design in and revenue of qualified Storage and SSD wins across multiple segments: emerging storage, OEM, Cloud Service Providers, Verticals and HPC for pre-sales design in and influencing engagements.
• Act as a Regional Technical Sales Resource who will train Intel field teams by delivering detailed product presentations, competitive analysis and platform solutions.
• Serve as an architectural resource to field teams with customers in winning key platform and solutions and driving proof of concepts.
• Drive key product and platform requirements into Intel product teams as the voice of the customer and escalate key related issues through appropriate venues.
• Develop close relationships with related ecosystem ingredients and support (hardware and software) partners.
• Strong written and oral communication skills are required, including the ability to effectively present in front of a large audience.
• The candidate should have a BSEE/BSCE/BSCS or equivalent technical knowledge.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in engineering or applications support, preferably with Intel Architecture CPUs, boards or systems. Linux, HDD and SSD Architecture experience.
• Storage and Memory Technical expertise is a requirement. Experience in SAS / SATA, Fiber Channel, or PCIe storage components, RAID controllers, HBAs, Expanders, JBODs strongly preferred.
• Solid understanding of key HW and SW trends within data centers related to Big Data, HPC, Content Delivery, OLTP, Virtualization, Private vs Public Cloud, Storage, Networking, and General Corporate IT applications
Additional Profile Characteristics Preferred:
• Excellent time management and organizational skills are needed in order to prioritize tasks in a very interrupt driven environment including pipeline management.
• Good relationship building skills are necessary, including the ability to build a rapport and communicate effectively with all levels of Intel and the customer.
• Candidate needs to be able to integrate technical, business, market and environmental conditions into a compelling solution that meets the needs of Intel and the customer.
• Candidate will need to be able to travel at >50% of the time. --i0313
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.