Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Responsible for collaborating on the prioritization of technical requirements and will participate in estimating and delivering infrastructure solutions. This individual will be responsible for managing the projects, coordinating efforts across functional boundaries, technical resource allocation, and planning at the task level.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborating and working with Infrastructure peer teams, vendors and partners on the solution and delivery of infrastructure needs from application teams
- Leveraging and educating application teams about infrastructure platform standards
- Attending and participating in "stand-up" meetings, scope meetings, monitoring the progress of project activities
- Ensuring that the impacts to the execution strategy are communicated to the application and business owner(s)
- A high level of technical leadership and influence is expected of this individual. Engagement with senior leadership (VP) will occur on a regular basis.
- She/he will be accountable for finding and coordinating technology improvement opportunities in an effort to reduce errors into delivered builds, reducing operating expense with a heavy emphasis of increasing delivery efficiency and reducing the time to deliver solutions to our business partners.
- Individual participates in forming the vision for Infrastructure.
- Responsible for leading the operational readiness testing and design for operations efforts to ensure smooth transition to operations during and post deployment.
- Responsible for leading the infrastructure cut-over planning and execution
- Responsible for all client communications on issues and or delivery status
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- 5 years of progressive experience in technical project management.
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10 years of progressive experience in architecture, engineering and design capacities
- 5 years of progressive experience in technical project management
- Ideal candidates will have progressive experience and demonstrated success in the solution and delivery across all aspects of enterprise infrastructure (e.g. storage, compute, virtualization, database, middleware, application server, network, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in infrastructure competencies relevant to manage the operational adoption and support of new technologies
- Strong client relationship skills and strong executive level communication skills
- Collaborative working with vendors, internal and external business partners is required
- Proficient in managing and developing relationships with multiple technical vendors
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodology and ITIL is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.