Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking an Engineer to provide technical customer support. This unique opportunity combines technical engineering expertise with strong customer service and communication skills. Training will be provided. The position serves as a resource to encourage timely resolution of product application issues and to support development and introduction of new products into the customer community. The Technical Support Engineer acts as technical interface between Product/R&D Engineering, Sales/Marketing and customer representatives to resolve issues related to product applications, customer requirements not met with current product offerings, and similar issues. This position is located at the AFSR Torrance HQ office.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Product Engineering, R&D Engineering, and Sales & Marketing to provide technical support to customers.
- Analyze product application problems and develops workable solutions.
- Identify product application opportunities and works with Product Engineering and Sales to determine current products which may offer effective solutions to customer requirements.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations as needed.
- Develop and maintain web content supporting use of AFSR products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Analytically oriented and able to effectively problem solve.
- Display innovative thinking and creativity.
- Flexible and able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated dependability and able to work independently or with large teams.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 1 or more years of Engineering experience
- Engineering experience in manufacturing
- Engineering experience working in the aerospace industry
- Experience in a customer facing role