Work with Microsoft’s top customers to envision, design and prototype solutions for the most challenging problems. The Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) in Irvine is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Architect with deep technical, architecture and hands-on experience to enable large enterprises to leverage the power of the Microsoft Cloud to transform their business. In this role, you will work with senior business and technical decision makers (CxO) in Microsoft enterprise accounts as well as next generation companies built on the cloud. The MTC is a state-of-the-art facility that combines experience and expertise to help our enterprise customers - EMPOWER. INNOVATE. TRANSFORM.
We live Microsoft’s mission to “empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more,” with a focus on our three bold ambitions - reinvent productivity & business processes, build the intelligent cloud platform, create more personal computing. The MTCs engage early in the project life-cycle where the customer is just beginning to define the vision, imagine the art of the possible and create an architectural roadmap. The role requires an affinity for evangelism and competitive engagement. The ability to win hearts and minds, and to explain abstract technical concepts in a business value context, is a must. You will lead Strategy Briefings, Architectural Design Sessions, Proofs of Concept (POC) and Workshops to articulate the business opportunity, propose and validate solution architecture, and transfer knowledge on best practices and change management. Business transformation is a critical component of the team’s DNA and experience to create innovation. The role is a truly a hands-on technology leadership role.
This primarily Cloud Infrastructure Architect position requires deep technical expertise as well as a breadth of experience in the following areas:
• Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architectures in the Cloud Infrastructure space with experience in hybrid cloud infrastructure design and deployment required
• Domain-specific subject matter expert. Deep technical knowledge of implementation scenarios for Azure Stack to apply to customer advanced workloads; and to provide meaningful technical feedback to engineering groups required
• Demonstrated knowledge of security, privacy, and compliance is required and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions, including experience with Operations Management Suite (OMS), Azure Security Center, and System Center.
• Planning for success. Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning
• Demonstrated experience with successfully migrating on-premises workloads to Azure leveraging IaaS, Azure networking / ExpressRoute
• Proficient in scripting technologies including PowerShell
• Knowledge of Amazon and Google cloud technologies
• Experience implementing identity management and security frameworks for cloud-based and hybrid solutions;
Qualities we are looking for: Technical Solution Leader
• Infrastructure architect. The expertise and ability to integrate complex elements and customer requirements into innovative technical architectures in the infrastructure space
• Cloud Trust. High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions.
• Technical breadth. Industry leading experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards.
• Performer. Highly driven person who consistently performs well above company or industry norms.
• Executive Presence. Strong leadership to influence industry decision makers and boards, and the ability to quickly grasp strategic customer/partner business objectives and to articulate solution vision that addresses these objectives.
• Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft partners.
• Influencer. Ability to drive and influence vibrant internal and external communities through extremely strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills.
• Growth Mindset. Technical proficiency to quickly learn new and emerging technologies.
-10+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles.
-Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
-Certification in domain-specific technologies (Hybrid Management, Networking, Compute, HPC, Information Security, Hybrid storage, and Linux/OSS) with the following preferred certifications: Azure architecture and infrastructure exams (70-533 and/or 70-534).
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can’t achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world. Working at Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples’; lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet. Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Then come to Microsoft -- Together we will make a difference.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.