Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Marketing
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1023444
What You'll Do
You will help us create and deliver Cisco's best technical storylines as storyteller/co-host for TechWiseTV in a video storytelling producer role. You will work with Cisco's best engineers and marketers to research new topics, refine key message, learn new technologies, and present cool, cutting edge technology. This job rocks.
More specifically you will:
- Create and write demonstrations with a storyline flow
- How to assemble a visual flow
- Know how different ideas can impact budget and deadlines (timing)
- Work collaboratively with ever-changing teams
- Express opinions
- Question status quo
- Customer/Audience advocate mindset
- Accept feedback
- Work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Speak and deliver content to both live audiences and to multiple cameras.
- Be the engineer that our audience wants to become
- Exhibit the best presentation and speaking skills in the industry
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's content and messaging innovation team is responsible for the very best in customer-facing video storytelling. Our team works with multiple teams across Cisco to help determine key selling messages, and develop those stories into impactful videos. Our production teams are some of most recognized in the film and video industries with active projects on Showtime/HBO to Major League Football. Our shows have been nominated for over 35 industry awards including 2 Emmy Nominations. The TechWiseTV series originated in 2006.
Our people and creations are featured in every global market through cisco.com, Cisco Live, and many other industry events.
Who You Are
You are an engineer who loves keeping your skills sharp and sharing knowledge with others. You communicate clearly and effectively. You're better than most at explaining technical jargon through stories that captivate your audience. You know your limits and are not afraid to ask questions. You speak more clearly with a marker in your hand or a demonstration at your finger tips. You are unique and recognizable. You don't mind being a recognized personality but you don't seek it.
Never met an acronym you could not like or a packet you could not parse.
You Get Excited By:
- Learning new things
- Meeting smart people who have discoveries to share
- Sharing your knowledge
- "Get your hands dirty"
- Simplifying complex topics without losing the spark of the innovation
- Geeky things that endear yourself to Cisco's most technical and curious customers.
You Don't Like:
- Putting your name behind something you have not experienced yourself.
-Experience in public storytelling for Cisco, clips to share?
-Experience on stage (preference for actual stage experience vs crowded room)
-Write and speak in a clear, compelling manner
You're going to be a Co-Host!
Check out your patner in crime at:
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.