Dell Information Technology is a world-class IT organization that employs 5000 across the globe. We are focused on driving business transformation, superior customer satisfaction, and revenue growth through innovation and cutting-edge technology that leverages traditional ERP, as well as cloud, analytics, mobile, and social solutions.
Technical Support Analyst-Nashville, TN
Our Technical Support Analyst provides technical support and training to personal computer and PC network users. Assists users in solving problems using available hardware and software tools. Also supports, installs, and maintains personal computers, local area networks, operating systems, software, and related IT sanctioned peripherals. Responsible for installation and maintenance of moderately complex hardware/software systems and supporting larger user groups.
Role ** Responsibilities
-Installs and supports Corporate OS on systems
- Assist internal customers with data migrations with focus on end to end ownership for customer satisfaction
-Assist with new system setup throughout the Dell Campus as required
-Addresses and resolves hardware, software and customer issues
- Provides positive customer experience with each customer interaction
- Works under general direction, seeks assistance as needed. Works with team to support achievement of internal and/or external customer commitments
- Adjusts to multiple demands and shifting priorities
-1years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience / High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience installing and configuring both hardware and basic desktop software
- Experience performing analytical and technical tasks on PC systems
- Frequently develops new or improves existing processes for supporting systems, escalations, engagement and project management (currently using OPAS ticketing system)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of network and desktop administration, installations, upgrades, techniques, tools, materials, and equipment
- Strong customer service skills required due to heavy interaction with internal and external clients
- Ability to lift 30 lbs frequently to maintain lab inventory and excess system returns on a daily basis
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Information Technology - Analysis*
**Title:** *Technical Support Analyst*
**Requisition ID:** *160013EX*