At Oracle we deliver on demand talent management solutions to leading companies worldwide so they can assess, acquire, and manage their workforce for improved business performance. To realize our vision of making our innovative and comprehensive solutions synonymous with talent leadership, we look to attract, hire, and retain the best talent in the industry.
The ideal candidates for the Technical Support Engineer role is a customer advocate who has an experience using integration applications and troubleshooting issues customers may experience when using such applications. The candidate will be well organized and able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, have a Can-Do and contagious positive attitude, be a team player, and thoroughly enjoy the dynamics of a technical support/customer service role. Additionally, the candidate must have effective time and project management skills to push initiatives and results efficiently and effectively, while also contributing to a proactive support model.
As a member of the Taleo Customer Support Team, the candidate will handle internal requests as well as external customer requests pertaining to the Taleo Integration offerings. The candidate will be required to troubleshoot issues with data transfer as well as Taleo internal integration platforms using a combination of XML, SQL and other technologies like SSO and FTP. This is an end-user software support position, with strong technical aspects. Tasks:
- Provide a delightful customer experience with every customer contact, ensuring the professional handling of every issue
- Provide telephone and email support to internal and external customers
- Perform efficient incident management, while maintaining metric quotas
- Understand and assess customer-reported issues to determine prioritization
- Serve as an internal knowledge resource for other members of the Taleo team
- Utilize knowledge of technologies to make solution recommendations
- Analyze and validate issues transferred to R&D and offer suggestions on fixes as needed
- Act as liaison between customers, R&D, Production, Consultants, and QA, etc
- Manage and ensure documentation of assigned incidents, including internal and external communications
- Learn, understand, maintain and contribute to internal support processes
- Analyze, develop, and improve internal processes
- Maintain strong adherence to Service Level Agreements
- Participate in special projects, as assigned
- College Degree in computer sciences or a related field recommended. Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- At least 2 years experience in a support position
- Experience with SQL and Oracle databases
- Strong technical problem solving skills, with an ability to troubleshoot complex application issues
- Exceptional research skills and resourcefulness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on tone, structure, grammar, and spelling
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Multi-lingual(English/French/Spanish/German) is a good asset
- Ability to verbally present soft and hard technical subject matter to a variety of audiences
- Ability to proactively develop relationships and communicate with all levels of the internal organization
- Ability to communicate with members of a client's organization, at all levels (general staff to executive,technical and non-technical)
- Working knowledge of XML, SSO,FTP, Web Services are very strong assets
- Knowledge in SSL, PGP, Java,C#, Linux/Unix are excellent attributes
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience and professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.