TEKsystems is looking for multiple Technical Support Analysts for one of our major clients in downtown Minneapolis.Experience in a support role (phone and e-mail) 1-4 yearsExperience with troubleshooting in Windows 7, Outlook 2010, and internet browsingGreat Communication skills
A Proficient Help Desk technician acts as the first point of contact for technical support. Resolves basic technical problems via telephone and/or written correspondence or electronic media. May have to work on a help desk system or a problem management database. Required to maintain a log of actions and client communication. Escalates more complex problems or may provide support under general supervision. Communicates with customers and will possess a wide range of technical competency and communication skills.
- Providing support for all end user hardware and software including the operating systems, office applications, various custom applications, printers, etc.
- Support Windows 7; Peregrine tickets; HP Service Manager
- Provide timely resolution of system/application problems as dispatched by the help desk through problem determination, ownership, root cause, problem logging and follow through to completion.
- Implement hot fixes, patches, updates (obtaining support from more senior Helpdesk staff, as needed).
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities - Read technical manuals, dialogue with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 1-2 years experience in call center or computer customer service.
- Hands-on experience in the troubleshooting and break/fix of this equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend specialized technical documentation, as required.
- Ability to perform light manual labor, i.e. lifting monitors or PC's.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent calls/tasks in a fast paced environment.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.