We are looking to recruit support engineer (E-Business Application DBA) in our Applications Technology Group(E-Business ATG) which is the technical competency(Technology and Tools) of the Oracle E-Business Suite.
The support engineers in this competency are responsible in assisting customers with the Installation, Maintenance and Administration of Oracle Applications.Overall qualifications and skills:
- 2 years experience and depth knowledge in install, maintenance and administration of complex multi-tier applications.
- Experience in using and administrating one or more of the following technologies: Database administration and Patching, Application Server, JDeveloper or other IDE Java tools , E-business Suite, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher or Enterprise manager would be an advantage.(DBA, DBS, RDBMS, Sys/System Admin, Network Admin, HelpDesk, Developer)
- Good knowledge of Operating Systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows or other relevant OS-system), SQL, PLSQL
- Knowledge of Java, XML, Perl, Oracle Developer (Forms/Reports), SOA, Database/Application Performance Tuning are a plus.
- The candidate should be able to work a later shift starting between 11 AM - 3 PM.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience and professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.