Do you have knowledge or experience in IT, software or electrical engineering? Do you want an opportunity to launch and grow your engineering career while working with the world's most powerful computing systems? If so, we could have the ideal position for you.
Every day at Oracle we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo. We deliver integrated hardware, cloud, infrastructure, storage and data solutions to the largest names in technology and global business. Our customers rely heavily on Oracle's innovative hardware and software products to drive their businesses. Our technology has tremendous reach and impacts the daily lives of millions of people across the globe.
The foundation of the Oracle stack is the SPARC server system. The SPARC system is one of the world's most powerful processors and holds records for both performance and computing power. Oracle continues to push the boundaries of technology because we passionately believe that our technologies help businesses realize and capitalize on new opportunities as well as innovate faster. You can learn more about the SPARC Server by following the links below.
As a Technical Support Engineer
with the SPARC System support organization, you will be focused on delivering post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. You will provide assistance to our biggest fortune clients down to our smallest clients. You will resolve post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone (about 20% of the time) and electronic means (about 80% of the time), as well as satisfy technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting thorough our Electronic Support Services. As a primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a key contributor to the SPARC Systems Technical Support
team, you will use your excellent troubleshooting skills and technical knowledge to determination problems. Additionally, your customer service skills (interactive communication/coordination/empathy/accountability) will be used to provide a quality experience to Oracle Service customers during problem resolution of their equipment. This could include:
- Providing post-sales, Hardware support or facilitating resolution mediating between Oracle Technical Support teams and the customer in a timely manner as applicable.
- When necessary, escalating calls to the appropriate level of support with complete and accurate information.
- Displaying and maintaining a high level of professional behavior at all times.
- Assisting to ensure Customer Satisfaction goals are met.
- Documenting resolutions to assist with possible future problem resolution.
- Effectively prioritizing workload and managing list of outstanding customer queries.
- Acting as a technical resource to peers as needed to help resolve customer problems for your area of expertise.
- Communicating confidently with Sustaining and Product Development Engineers in matters relating to the SPARC Team and customers.
- Should be ready to work in shifts or be capable of occasionally serving "24x7 on-call".
- One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products).
- Technical degree - BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry OR functional degree technical higher degree.
- In lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience and professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience, knowledge and HW troubleshooting skills with Sparc (Sun legacy or Oracle Sparc) running various versions of Solaris operating systems.
- Networking, storage, cluster experience, along with X86/X64 servers a plus.
- Ability to participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience and professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.