Sr Tech Support Analyst 2 nd Shift, Oracle Policy Solution
Job Description :
Senior Support Engineer to provide technical support for implementation of Oracle Policy Solution in a variety of established markets to Oracle customers and customer prospects, providing remote access and phone support assistance with the installation, deployment and management of Oracle products and applications.
* Position is for 2nd Shift (1pm-12am Sun-Wed)
• Strong interpersonal skills including excellent team oriented skills
• Strong Customer Communication skills
• Telecommunications experience
• Tape libraries and tape drives from StorageTek, IBM, HP, Quantum, ADIC,
• Storage transport technologies e.g. fibre channel, scsi, escon, ficon, serial attached scsi (SAS).
• SAN switches and fibre channel HBAs and drivers.
• Operating systems (MVS, zOS, OS/400, Windows, HPUX, Linux, Solaris, etc)
• Tape software applications including Symantec Netbackup and BackupExec, Tivoli TSM, EMC Enterprise Backup, HP Dataprotector, Oracle HSM, OSB
• Mainframe software including MF SW zOS, MVS,VM, HSC, EXLM,EXPR,VTCS familiarity.
• Networking skills including in depth TCP/IP knowledge, switches, routers.
• Virtual tape technologies such as Oracle's VTL, VSM, or other mainframe virtual tape
• Excellent technical troubleshooting skills at ALL layers of the OSI model
Complete understanding of data communications
• Concepts of network architecture
• Analyzing and debugging IP packet captures using Wireshark/Tshark
• Linux/Unix command line and OS troubleshooting
• Database experience
• Interoperability/QA testing experience
• Professional documentation skills writing Method of Procedures (MOPs), Root Cause Analysis (RCAs), Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs), step by step technical procedures
• Perl/Shell scripting a plus
• Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
* BS Computer Science or related field is a plus
* 7 years Proven professional/ technical experience, with an understanding of applications at a functional and technical level in a customer support environment is a plus
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience and professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.