Technical Support Engineer 3
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues. Key skills include technical troubleshooting, problem determination and customer service skills (interactive communication/coordination/empathy/accountability).
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be providing the technical support to Oracle Service customers for problem resolution related to their Oracle equipment. This could include:
- Providing post-sales, Hardware support or facilitating resolution mediating between Oracle Technical Support teams and the customer in a timely manner as applicable.
- When necessary, escalating calls to the appropriate level of support with complete and accurate information.
- Displaying and maintaining a high level of professional behavior at all times.
- Assisting to ensure Customer Satisfaction goals are met.
- Documenting resolutions to assist with possible future problem resolution.
- Effectively prioritizing workload and managing list of outstanding customer queries.
- Acting as a technical resource to peers as needed to help resolve customer problems for your area of expertise.
- Communicating confidently with Sustaining and Product Development Engineers in matters relating to the Proactive Support Team and customers.
- Should be ready to work in shifts or be capable of occasionally serving "24x7 on-call".
- One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products).
- Technical degree - BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry OR functional degree technical higher degree.
- In lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience and professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.