Every Technical Support Engineer is vital to the success of this highly effective support function and ensures that our customers are provided with innovative, effective and timely solutions they require to complete their tasks and resolve their issues. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our teams so bring your energy and enthusiasm and put your talents to work in a world class support organization.
- Provide proactive and reactive support to all external customers on Enterprise level Web Protection product.
- Provide overall escalation management and technical solutions when issues are reported to them, including but not limited to,
review of open issues on a daily basis, updating our customers on the status of their escalated cases, and assisting in the reproduction of issues
- Provide proactive troubleshooting assistance to your specific product.
- Record and document all issues related to customers both internal and external
- Conference call availability to resolve product issues
- Log all testing, troubleshooting and research done in process of resolution
- Responsible for Customer and Internal Updates
- Produce articles for submission into knowledge base and Best Practice series on public facing community.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and professionalism
- Creation of product troubleshooting guides to assist support teams
- Provide effective and timely communication to support teams
- Document issues within the call tracking system
- Maintain a current level of knowledge on McAfee products and new vulnerabilities and/or threats
- Be available and accessible to fellow co-workers
- Maintain a friendly, open, approachable, positive attitudeQualifications: Qualifications:
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Additional qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Minimum Qualifications:
- 1 year of experience in customer care/customer support for the following areas:
- Providing positive customer service at multiple levels (i.e. technical /management).
- Operating Systems such as Unix and Linux.
- Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, and other Web protocols.
- Databases (SQL), LDAP services, and other authentication protocols (Kerberos, NTLM)
- Web services and security.
- Network tools like nslookup, traceroute, ping, wireshark, tcpdump, netstat.
- Support multiple products simultaneously.
- Possess an Associate's Degree or higher i.e.: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Security, or related field.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements.
- Effective problem resolution.
- Advanced writing and verbal skills.
- Self-motivated (takes initiative).
- Basic experience with programming/scripting.
- Basic experience with routers, switches, proxies, or firewalls.
- Network or security related certifications desirable.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.