Additional Location(s) or Information: RTP, NC and Richardson, TX
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1020312
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP DUE TO GOVERNMENT REQUIREMENT***
The Business Entity
Collaboration Technology Group ("CTG") is helping Cisco transform how people collaborate globally through solutions targeted at enhancing the user experience and driving collaboration and productivity to unprecedented levels, thus helping drive revenue growth and defining new business models.
We are the Audio/Video operations team for Cisco's Cloud Collaboration and In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco Voice and Video products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology.
Role & Responsibilities
• Provide support for Federal customers in the Federal environment.
• Provides second/third level technical support for voice and video technologies to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other Technical Assistance Center engineers.
• Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity.
• Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as required.
• Acts as focal point for large account network problem resolution.
• Effectively utilizes moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
• Submits complete and correct bug reports in area of expertise.
• Interacts across other technical teams and development teams at peer level.
• Acts as a technical expert and provides support on a world-wide basis.
• Generate clear and concise documentation in the form of case notes, technical tips and white papers.
• Must be a US citizen
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience and a combination of designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging and administering the Voice and Video products, devices, solutions, and technologies for small, medium, large and/or enterprise businesses
• Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager and CUBE.
• Knowledge of Protocols - not limited to: VOIP,H.323, SIP, RTP, SRTP
• CCNP Voice required
• Experience working on IOS voice gateways, dial peers, and unified call processing (UCP)
• Basic understanding of Linux
• CCIE Voice/Collaboration preferred
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Video, Collaboration
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.