GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Toshiba X-ray/Vascular Technical Support Engineer I (TSE I) drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence by providing technical support and counsel both remote and onsite to Field Engineers (FE's), Client Service Technicians (CST's), and Customers experiencing system performance issues.
This position is the technical resource for all service-related escalations regarding the Toshiba X-ray/Vascular product family.
• Provide remote and on-site technical support for Tosrad, T-Rad plus, RadRex-I, Fluorex, Effecientcy Plus, Kalare, EPS-30, EPS+, Harmony, DFP-1000/2000/8000, Infinix-I and FD series, KXO-50/80/100/200
• Use successful, effective field experience and knowledge to provide technical support to FE's, CST's, and customers that may include both remote and onsite support.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of modality products, service expertise, and tools to maintain "field advisor" status.
• Utilize the GEHC escalation process as needed, working closely with local customer and national support to define and support implementation of corrective action plans to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
• Utilize "Gameplan" tool to drive Service effectiveness. Contribute knowledge to the Problem Solution Database (PSDB).
• Contribute to the improvement of productivity tools through idea generation, workout attendance, and small projects as required.
• Support Material and Purchased Service cost improvement initiatives for the modality.
• Within project engagement, act as a change agent/ field "advisor" in areas such as product serviceability and reliability, quality trend analysis, productivity program development and implementation, national modality program execution and new product introduction support.
• Manage and support improvements in business processes that maximize competitiveness, enabling continued business growth. This may include leveraging service capabilities by increasing the number of customer systems connected to the internet to improve remote troubleshooting and remote fix rates.
• Work with Modality / Service Engineering, Product Engineering and field support specialists to drive product quality, serviceability, and resolve formal customer escalations.
• Coach and train FE's to ensure that technical and customer skills are up to date and meet the needs of the business. On occasion may serve as subject matter expert (SME) for FE modality training through the Service Quality Standard (SQS) training curriculum.
• Identify field process improvements such as pre-PM work, PM cycle time, remote TTR work, field-based technical training to support use of remote diagnostic troubleshooting tools and processes in the field.
• Identify field quality improvements to include hazardous/ non-hazardous complaints via Trackwise.
• Travel to customer sites and support installations, FMIs and customer escalations (CSOs).
• Maintain and enhance modality knowledge, such as: Networking / Dicom / Insite / PACS / OS field service experience, knowledge of legacy legacy Vascular, X-ray, and CR/DR products. Knowledge and experience using Common Service Desktop, CRM and other remote tools as required.
1. Must have consistently performed as an FE II, or an FE III, or the equivalent external to GEHC for a period of 5 years before consideration of promotion to TSE I.
2. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
3. Ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach people through solving problems.
4. Exceptional teamwork, verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to extract applicable information during a troubleshooting process and use that information to help resolve issues remotely.
6. Demonstrated successful history of technical problem solving and resolution maintaining (insert modality) equipment, including proven experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
7. Healthcare Imaging understanding to include: image quality/ HHS standards, post processing for Vascular, and X-ray, DICOM, PACS and/or Advanced computer networking.
8. Experience with Toshiba applications, Web applications, and the Microsoft suite of products.
9. Experience responding to the concerns of and interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
10. Travel to customer sites and support installations, FMIs and customer escalations (CSOs).
11. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
12. Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License.
13. Special Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Minimum 5 years of engineering experience as an FE II and/or FE III, or the equivalent external to GE with regards to the repair and maintenance of Toshiba X-ray and Vascular systems; demonstrated ability to handle/resolve difficult technical issues with advanced knowledge in applicable systems AND... competitive Toshiba service platforms. o High School Diploma/GED AND 8+ years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment, OR... o Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering, or related field AND 5 years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment OR...o Equivalent military education to Associates or Bachelor's degrees AND 5 years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
Desired Characteristics: 1. 2 or 4 year degree in an Engineering discipline 2. Strong customer service skills.3. Highly motivated team player.4. Prior project or technical leadership experience. 5. Training skills6. Networking certification, or related networking experience7. Basic financial analysis abilities 8. Lean / Six Sigma Certified
Locations: United States; Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, U.S., Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, WyomingGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.