The position for Internet and Phone Technical Support Rep I is to perform technical support on all Charter core products including, but not limited to, digital cable, residential HSD, digital phone. Technical Support Rep I escalates issues to next level of support as according to the escalation matrix.Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot subscriber calls for Residential High Speed Internet Customers. Troubleshoot subscriber calls for all Digital Phone Residential Customers.
- Review the service calls as they are scheduled by the Call Center Associates to determine if there may be common problems in the same HUB.
- Work with other departments to determine if the problem may be area wide as opposed to individual.
- Follow-up with communications team if an area problem is suspected.
- Review the On-line outage information to determine if the service call may have been scheduled unnecessarily.
- Review those work orders scheduled by the Call Center Associates to determine if an additional walk thru may resolve the problem over the phones.
- Attempts will be made to contact customers scheduled for a service appointment that day and service calls scheduled in the future.
- Follow up with the Technical Support Manager and Training Manager on updating the walk thru steps available through Answer Flow and OKM Knowledge Management so that a successful walk thru can be achieved on the first call to the Call Center.
- Support the Call Center with technical issues as needed. Support field personnel as needed. Work closely with Regional Data Center staff to resolve issues quickly.
- Resolve all tickets in a timely manner.
- Communicate pertinent information with Division Technical Operations Center (TOC).
- Understand and inform customers of all Charter consumer products and services.
- Respond to customer complaints in a professional manner; attempt to resolve complaints successfully in accordance with established guidelines.
- Inform management of all unresolved complaints.
- Respond to customer inquiries via e- mail and telephone, or in-person as necessary.
- Save customers from disconnecting services whenever possible.
- Basic working knowledge of terminal related equipment (Hubs, Routers, switches, servers and various networking components).
- Strong PC hardware and software skills (the ability to troubleshoot all aspects of a PC). Networking experience will be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Current working knowledge or familiarity of latest technologies, networking equipment, and tools.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Associate Degree preferred in related field. One year previous help desk support experience preferred. Education Level: High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.