At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Technical Support Service Engineer for the Infection Prevention Division (IPD) located in Oakdale, MN. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The position of Technical Support Service Engineer
will be the technical support lead for 3M™ Health Care hardware/software integrated and networked software products. As a trusted partner to 3M's business and engineering teams, you will help to develop new service strategies, influence product vision, provide Failure Mode Effects and Analysis (FMEA) insights into existing product portfolios, and enable 3M's next generation of connected products, solutions and data science services to work together more synergistically. From infrastructure to software and services, you will provide your service expertise on the products and trends that shape 3M's portfolio. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
NOTE: This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career. Basic Qualifications:
- Provide project leadership to support service readiness for new product launches
- Support product development teams, marketing, the global service network, and management in their roles to provide positive internal and external customer experiences
- Develop software and networking support training materials
- Train 3M and 3rd party service providers globally on software troubleshooting and support
- Develop FAQs and other resources to enable "best in class" service experiences
- Provide third level support on hardware/software integrated and networked 3M Health Care hardware and software products
- Participate and represent Service on Health Care New Product Introduction (NPI) teams
- Write, prepare and publish service documents and bulletins; post on service center website for global use
- Lead the development and implementation of improvements and/or solutions to support service processes and tools
- Provide coaching and leadership with considerable impact to the technical support services team
- Submit Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) and/or Configuration Management Requests (CMRs) to request changes to documentation or products
- Minimum of five (5) years of software development or support experience (private, public, government or military)
- Combined minimum of three (3) years of healthcare, medical technology or medical device industry experience (private, public, government or military)
- Combined minimum of three (3) years of PCs, servers, networking, operating systems, and mobile devices support experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, computer science or other technical field from an accredited university
- Understanding of PCs, servers, networking, operating systems, and mobile devices
- Experience with 3M Infection Prevention Division, Food Safety and/or ESPE hardware devices (as a customer support/technical support/etc.) to include private, public, government of military environments
- Experience in troubleshooting and support of hospital equipment, including complex hardware devices
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to support multiple projects across multiple product lines
- Successful record of customer interaction, excellent technical presentation skills, interpersonal abilities, and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.