Technical Support Services Engineer I
Company: Panasonic Avionics Corporation
Location: Lake Forest, California
Posted: November 30, 2016
Reference ID: 1969938927
Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 35 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Responsible for the technical performance of PTS, special projects, and provides oversight for Repair ground equipment operation and technical tools to maintain return to service equipment. Ensures PTS staff consistently uses the best technical and operational practices, working closely with PTS Operations and Repair Station requirements. Reviews various data sources available, provides insight into performance and provides technical advice for all special projects.
Serve as a technical resource and escalation point for PTS Operations and customers for troubleshooting and quick resolution of technical issues.
• Provide technical advice to operational sites via phone and other means, contributing to the knowledge base and coordinating with TSG group technicians.
• Plan support requirements for new system introductions and new customer entry into service technical requirements.
• Liaise with engineering groups to ensure that PTS actions are consistent with technical product developments and company processes; revise/write work instructions and other process documents.
• Work with PAC Technical Publications providing special projects information to our document vendors coordinating the manuals release according to a predetermined schedule.
• Work with PAC Technical Publications to support technical data review and the review process.
• Ensure that service requirements are given appropriate consideration when PAC makes technical decisions by providing input into various engineering departments (tooling, logistical issues, capabilities, etc.).
• Manage assigned projects by developing actions and a schedule for completion.
• Knowledge of aviation technical publications methods and standards a plus.
• Ability to manage projects, using independent judgment to ensure tasks are executed on-time.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment systems and/or avionics.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical skills, with a software emphasis (Linux).
• Self-driven and a high degree of initiative.
• 4 Year degree preferred or related work experience.
• 2+ years' experience in an aircraft maintenance or technical field support role, preferably in avionics.
• Experience with Linux based Operating System desirable.
• Ability to travel domestic and/or international up to 15% of the time.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1602913