Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 35 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Responsible for providing full service technical support to the Repair organization. Also responsible for design of system rack designs and the technical performance of ground service equipment used to return repair products into service. Ensures PTS staff consistently use the best technical and operational practices across assigned programs and locations, working closely with the Repair Organization. Reviews various data sources available and provides insight into performance and provides technical advice to operational sites. Categorize issues as systemic or non-systemic and then identifies an appropriate course of action for resolution.
• Serve as a technical resource for special project designs, providing detailed design concept, wire diagrams and statement of works.
• Provide technical advice to Repair centers and Customers on ground equipment operation and troubleshooting solutions. .
• Help manage new system introductions and new customer entry into service technical requirements.
• Able to provide detail classroom and OTT training with in Panasonic and at a customer's location on hardware and GSE items.
• Liaise with engineering groups to ensure that PTS actions are consistent with product technical developments and company processes.
• Serve as a focal for GSE software relating to in-flight entertainment services and products. Create action plan for escalated events and coordinate until resolution through OCC.
• Review monitoring/analysis tools for problem repair operations and generally work to increase system/service performance through coordination with various departments.
• Ensure that service requirements are given appropriate consideration when PAC makes technical decisions by providing input into various engineering departments (tooling, logistical issues, capabilities, etc.).
• Create/revise Work Instructions, Technical Data, and other company documentation as required.
• Create and maintain project plans and schedules for assigned special project designs.
• Monitor program performance and revisions in coordination with Service Program Managers and assist in addressing impacts or changes.
• Knowledge of aviation technical publications methods and standards
• Ability to manage projects, using independent judgment to ensure tasks are executed on-time.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment systems and/or avionics.
• Understanding and knowledge of aircraft wiring practices and drawings.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
• Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical skills, with a software emphasis (Linux).
• Self-driven and a high degree of initiative.
• 4 Year BSEE degree or equivalent or relevant work experience.
• 3-5 years' experience in avionics design and system design
• Ability to travel domestic and/or international up to 20% of the time.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1601670
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.