Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 35 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Responsible for the technical performance of PTS, special projects, and provides conceptual / mechanical design using PTC Software Suite of Tools u2013 Creo Schematics & Creo Cable Routing E design tool, and Creo Advanced Assembly. Ensures PTS staff consistently uses the best technical and operational practices, working closely with PTS Operations and IFE designs. Reviews various data sources available, provides insight into performance and provides technical advice for all special projects.
• Serve as a technical resource for all mechanical designs for PTS IFE Rack designs using PTC software and quick resolution of technical issues.
• Support product release into Panasonic's Agile life cycle management tool.
• Plan and manage group product design release into Windchill database repository.
• Working knowledge of Creo cable design and cable routing, ability to integrate cable design directly into IFE rack top assembly data model designs to ensure complete digital model data capture.
• Liaise with other engineering groups to ensure that PTS actions are consistent with technical product developments and company processes; revise/write work instructions and other process documents.
• Work with PAC Technical Publications providing special projects mechanical data; coordinating the manuals release according to a predetermined schedule.
• Work with PAC Technical Publications to support technical data review and the review process.
• Manage assigned projects by developing actions and a schedule for completion.
• Knowledge/Skill Requirements
Knowledge of aviation technical publications methods and standards a plus.
• Ability to manage projects, using independent judgment to ensure tasks are executed on-time.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio.
• Self-driven with a high degree of initiative.
• 4 Year degree preferred or related work experience.
• 3 years' experience in mechanical design using Creo 2 and higher.
• Experience using cad modeling software (Creo preferred) and cad data management.
• Experience with Windchill 10.2 and its administration is a huge plus.
• Fundamental knowledge and understanding of ERP and PLM implementation.
Ability to travel domestic and/or international up to 15% of the time.
Location/Division: United States;California;Lake Forest;26200 Enterprise Way Job Requisition: 1600313
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.