At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Technical Support Specialist for the Identity Management Division in Tampa, FL.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Technical Support Specialist will provide daily system support to 3M Cogent customers including installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computer software, hardware and network environments; provide all aspects of operations support, preventive maintenance, remedial maintenance, and provide regular status reporting.
This position is contingent upon 3M Cogent Identity Management Business winning, maintaining, or renewing a contract with client(s). Additional background screening may be required by client(s) prior to start date.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Installation/configuration/troubleshooting/testing of 3M Cogent's proprietary software and hardware solutions
- Resolving customer reported issues and inquiries, via phone, by travel to customers' sites and/or remotely via secure network connection to customers' systems
- Maintaining customer relations via phone or in person with various customers' users and personnel
- Transporting, delivering, installing and training on hardware/software solutions to customers' sites and their designated personnel
- Troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems
- Troubleshooting of network environments
- Troubleshooting of and reporting against databases (Oracle/SQL)
- Associates degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing customer support
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Minimum one (1) year of combined experience working with Linux and/or Unix Operating Systems
- Candidates must be detail oriented and a team player that can also work with little supervision
- Candidates must be able to work independently with help from in-house engineers and have good time management skills. Service calls must be responded to promptly, diagnosed quickly, and fixed within a short time frame
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, other language abilities are a plus
- Candidates must have the ability to understand user problems and the ability to explain technical fixes in a clear manner to users. Technical training will be provided.
- Candidates must have excellent troubleshooting skills and problem solving resourcefulness.
- Experience with Windows-based operating systems troubleshooting and installation
- TCP/IP network troubleshooting in distributed UNIX and Windows client/server environments
- Certifications in relevant technical fields are desirable. Certifications are not required; however, they are a major plus in consideration for employment
- Additional experience will also be strongly considered in the following areas:
- (For any areas in which the candidate does not possess knowledge, the candidate will need to learn these areas on the job.):
- LAN/WAN internetworking and protocols
- Windows-based server installation and administration
- UNIX/Linux installation and administration
- RDBMS installation and administration for Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and MySQL
- System and data backups and recovery
Location: Tampa, FL
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international
Relocation Benefits: Are not authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.