Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales Company of America, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, has a long, distinguished history of serving the North American manufacturing sector. Our aim is to support local manufacturing with products, technologies, and service that promote our customers' immediate and long-term goals. Our OEM industrial electronic components, subsystems and factory automation are geared to a diverse range of industries. ICD aims to achieve strategic partnerships, as well as support the development of North American manufacturing.
Currently, PIDSA has an immediate opening for a Laser Marker Technical Specialist
Provide support to sales team by managing & marking samples, creating marking reports, answering technical questions, and training customers. Additional responsibilities include handling customer technical questions over the phone and maintaining the lab & equipment. Future responsibilities may include servicing and repairing laser markers for customers.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Mark samples and create marking reports for customers to support sales opportunities. Maintain clear communication and strong relationships with sales team. TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Provide application or integration support to sales team, channel partners, and customers. Provide technical support via phone, email, or on-site. Log phone calls into database on a daily basis and distribute to sales team. DOCUMENTATION:
- Assist with developing technical support aids such as cross-reference guides, quick start up guides, etc. What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience :
- A four year college degree in engineering (EE) is preferred
- years of industrial controls specific technical experience preferred
- Laser experience in CO2, FAYb or YAG technology preferred
- Experience in production/manufacturing engineering a plus
- Functional ability to operate PC and support software programs is mandatory to accomplish specific duties
- AutoCAD or other .dxf based design experience preferred Competencies : .
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Opportunity focused & Results driven
- Proactively improves customer relations; Responsive, Identifies Needs, Monitors Satisfaction
- Clear vision, sense of urgency, effective prioritization, and adjustment of activities; Effective time management, leverage or resources
- Communication and Collaboration
- High level of proactive communication (written/oral) & Build networks, collects and shares wisdom through training/experience
- Decisive, focused, and proactive drive for execution; Raise the Bar – independent implementation of solutions Communications :
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in complex organization with many points of contact
- Timely communication with the Customers, Sales Team/Group Sales Manager, Product Managers, Marketing, and Technical Services
Other Requirements :
- Local or overnight domestic travel may be required - 10%
- May lift up to 150 lbs. on occasion
- May be required to wear protective gear in lab or offsite locations What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.