With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Maintenance/Facilities Manager, supervises all functions of one or more of the manufacturing or facilities maintenance areas to ensure timely and efficient maintenance of production and/or facility equipment or area. Main responsibilities include efficient use of material, equipment, tools, and human resources; short-term planning; scheduling tasks and duties for Team Leaders over multiple shifts; supervising all maintenance, repairs, cleaning, and projects performed in the area. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of a unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing prospective employees; training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Supervises all non-exempt and hourly personnel in the unit for proper application of company policies and procedures. Resolves payroll issues and approves employee vacations as well as providing manpower coverage for vacations, absentees, preventative maintenance, and projects.
- Reviews, approves, and schedules maintenance work orders. Provides resources and inspects work in progress and after completion for accuracy and timeliness.
- Coordinates daily maintenance work to ensure maximum equipment up-time while utilizing the available equipment, tools, materials, and manpower.
- Monitors maintenance tasks to ensure compliance with quality and GMP requirements.
- Develops and implements preventative maintenance program for equipment and/or facility in accordance with manufacturer's and/or engineering guidelines. Manages resource allocation and scheduling of the program. Ensures proper maintenance of department's records on all equipment and company property.
- Schedules preventative maintenance in accordance with the planned preventative maintenance program. Coordinates PM with production, quality control, and engineering groups. Monitors preventative maintenance through completion. Initiates and implements necessary changes to the PM tasks. Ensures proper documentation of PM and any associated changes.
- Develops and maintains equipment hierarchy and spare parts program for equipment to ensure maximum up-time for production.
- Interfaces with outside vendors for equipment and parts purchases. Collects technical data on equipment to be used for modification or replacement. Submits proposals for new equipment or part purchase.
- Develops downtime tracking programs and proposes/implements maintenance methods and/or projects to reduce equipment downtime.
- Sets short-term goals and objectives to provide higher levels of maintenance service.
- Provides and/or coordinates on the job technical equipment safety training for hourly and non-exempt personnel.
- Examines daily/weekly/monthly expenses (salary, parts, supplies, benefits) and produces monthly costs forecasts. Tracks equipment/facilities maintenance costs.
- Develops and implements methods to reduce costs by undertaking projects to improve equipment efficiency and facility operations.
- Works with other groups (Production, Quality, Engineering, Purchasing, Cost Accounting) to implement process, quality, and cost improvement projects.
- Supervises special maintenance/engineering projects and ensuring highest level of workmanship. Assists in the preparation and completion of technical and non-technical documents, training, production, and maintenance procedures, drawing packages, and other related documentation for the project.
- Ensures that all areas and equipment are maintained in good housekeeping condition.
- Ensures adequate staffing (headcount) and coordinates tasks for hiring of additional personnel.
- Provide comprehensive shift report by using log book and directly interface with the following shift's team leader. Attend meetings before the start and at the end of each shift to establish good communication links between shifts.
- Tracking of employee hours and scheduling.
- Works in other areas as assigned.
- Responsible for multiple departments/shifts.
- Provides and/or coordinates training on GMP, procedures, company policies, job skills, and safety in accordance with company training guidelines.
- Provides performance appraisal, employee coaching and counseling. Resolves conflicts and initiates disciplinary action when needed. Submits employee status change forms for promotions, demotions, terminations, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ration, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
#LI-JH1 Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- BS in Engineering from four-year college or university and 6-7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must show good skills in leadership, decision making, training, communication, and team building.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.