Technical Support Technician (Job Number: 024051)
Corporate Office - 1000 LAKESIDE DR
1000 LAKESIDE DR
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for troubleshooting and/or repair of software and/or hardware on or related to desktop pc's, and/or printers, pc hardware systems and RF devices. May include performing installation and upgrades. Troubleshooting and repairs may be accomplished remotely and/or via telephone. Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for troubleshooting and/or repair of software and/or hardware on or related to desktop pc's, and/or printers, pc hardware systems and RF devices. May include performing installation and upgrades. Troubleshooting and repairs may be accomplished remotely and/or via telephone, such as:
- Utilizing tracking software to track and monitor the resolution of issues and/or open tickets.
- Supporting area processes and interface requirements
- Resetting equipment or applying solutions to quickly resolve problems
- May escalate issues to more experience support staff.
- May identify and document fault patterns over a period of time and involve other engineering or other technical resources in the IT function or the vendor community to develop permanent fixes.
- Collaborates with customers and advises about technical issues. Answers questions regarding PC/printer software/hardware issues, and makes IT recommendations
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to facilitate elimination of problems and to create efficient fixes. Escalate problems and roadblocks as they occur Troubleshoots as first level support any problems experienced by production equipment
- Provides technical support for standard and proprietary desktop software. Relate to a diverse group of people, including technical and development personnel, senior management, business customers, and vendors with courtesy and in a constructive, professional manner.
- Provides information for standard desktop relocations and set up, by investigating and asking appropriate questions to support end-user needs.
- Documents client problems, initiates referrals and records resolutions within department database software.
- May lift and transports PC's, monitors, terminals and printers for deployment as well as repair.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Associate's Degree or Higher and at least 1 years of experience in an IT customer-facing and/or technical support role OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 2 years of experience in an IT customer-facing and/or technical support role.
- Knowledge of remote control software, such as Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008 server and Windows XP, 7 desktop platforms as well as network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and operating systems
- Knowledge of various software, such as Win XP & 7 desktop OS, MSOffice Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, TCP\IP,
- Willingness to work hours of support that may require weekend, holiday and/ or off-hours shift coverage.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in IT end-user support
- Experience identifying and working with basic electronics, such as mother boards, power supplies, RF devices.
- MCP and or A +, Net + Certification preferred.
- Experience solving technical problems.
- Experience defining and resolving desktop hardware and software issues.
- Experience coordinating service requests with appropriate IT team.
- Experience following processes and recommending improvements.
- Experience translating technical terms to non-technical users.
- Experience working independently and as part of a cross-functional technical team
- Preferred Certificate in Network Plus
- Knowledge of equipment pieces, including printers, terminals, PCs, PDA's, RF communication hardware, etc.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.