Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Technical Systems Associate in Lancaster, PA.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON’S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.
The Technical Systems Associate will be responsible for:
• Provide technical support to the manufacturing and packaging process of consumer pharmaceutical products at McNeil's Lancaster Facility with an enhanced emphasis on work related to repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, and efficiency improvement associated with electrical and instrumental devices and systems.
• Technical support includes performing and documenting maintenance, performing and documenting adjustments to process equipment, contributing to change control activities, projects and facility outages.
• Associates will support operations in equipment change over and provide technical direction to operating associates when assigned.
• Identify and communicate to supervision all immediate and potential quality, safety, or environmental issues (material, procedure, and process) as observed.
• Responsible for ensuring the reliability of equipment that is utilized for the processing and packaging of Lancaster products.
• Hands on approach during project installation, start-up, commissioning and validation activities.
• Responsive to the manufacturing environment for maximum up-time of equipment as measured by OEE.
• Interact with production personnel to propose modifications to equipment, processes and operations to improve safety, increase efficiency and enhance company goals.
• Define instrument and controls requirements and establish project design criteria based on engineering analysis and evaluation.
• Supervise outside contractors during fabrication, installation, and start-up activities.
• Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers or field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts.
• Provide user applications or engineering support or recommendations for new or existing equipment with regard to installation, upgrades, or enhancements
• Provide training as required to systems’ users and maintenance technicians.
• Perform the technical portions of changeovers within his/her process area within allotted timeframes.
• Train and mentor operators to assist with or perform changeovers within his/her process.
• Perform Corrective, Preventative and Emergency Maintenance and document within CMMS (SAP).
• Contribute to root-cause analysis of equipment I component downtime issues.
• Support the planning group with information to order repair parts or coordinate contracted repair services.
• Ensure that all documentation associated with his/her activities is documented with Good Documentation Practices. (includes but not limited to: CMMS, protocols, batch records, investigations, PM modification forms and log books)
• Follows all appropriate safety requirements and work permitting- use of PPE, Lock out/tag out, confined space entry, hot work etc.
• Participates in protocols, change control activities and line trails in the planning, execution and analysis phases.
• Operate Manufacturing and/or Packaging equipment/machinery to manufacture and/or package product as per applicable SOPs for the purpose of mechanical, electrical and/or controls troubleshooting, adjustment and repairs.
• Follow applicable SOPs and batch records.
• Maintain an updated and current training record (adhere to training timelines in Compliance Wire, etc.)
• Participate in Safety initiatives and other plant designated programs (Zero Defects, OEE etc.)
• Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent is required.
• Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in an industrial setting is required.
• Experience in automation and computer science technology, or someone who has graduated from a post-high school trade program. (i.e. programming PLCs, expertise in electrical/electronic systems on packaging/manufacturing equipment and control processing instrumentation) is preferred.
• Willing and able to pass written assessment(s) to qualified candidates is required.
• Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, ability to climb a ladder, a combination of standing and sitting for a normal shift of up to 12 hours is required.
• Three years of experience in manufacturing operations for the food, medical device or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
• Experience with Wonderwear, RSview, micrologics, control logics, directlogic is preferred.
• Ability to work 2nd shift (2pm-10:30pm) is required.
• Automation control/electronic or mechatronic or electro/mechanical experience is required.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function