Technical Systems Designer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: February 16, 2018
Reference ID: 1083763
343 Industries is looking for an Environmental Systems Designer to join our Sandbox Systems team. Our ideal candidate has a solid technical art + design background and is extremely passionate about building systemic gameplay.
You are responsible for designing and building interactive systems that can be placed in the world. It is your responsibility to maintain consistent rules and language across the various modes of the game. You will be working closely with the Campaign, Character and Multiplayer teams to ensure Sandbox systems work well with other systems in the game.
You are a champion of sandbox principles, maintain consistency and quality of the sandbox experience throughout development across all game modes.
• Develop a variety of assets placed across maps and modes that interact with Sandbox Systems.
• Communicate and coordinate across multiple disciplines and experiences to constantly refine features from concept to ship.
• Showcase and assist designers to craft the best possible experiences using sandbox systems.
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with all development functions to ensure a best-in-industry production process and team environment.
• Help establish and maintain consistent metrics and standards across the design team to ensure the high-quality results.
• 1+ year of systems design
• BS degree in Computer Science, Commercial Art or related fields
• 2+ years or more of production experience within the fields of Rigging/Technical Art
• Knowledge of scripting languages
• Knowledge of Maya
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.