With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Provide ongoing support for the development and standardization of technical training processes and procedures. A major emphasis of this position is the development, implementation and maintenance of training materials/programs that focus on improving the technical competencies of our operations personnel in order to reduce process deviations and support the production of quality products. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Develop, manage, and implement training programs to ensure compliance with FDA regulations, GMP guidelines, OSHA requirements, Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures, best practices methods, and employee health and safety guidelines.
- Create and maintain skill assessments and evaluations to ensure proficiency and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop effective training materials, including facilitator's guides, user guides, job aids, visual aids and measurement tools for distribution.
- Develop best practices for on-the-job training and procedure training.
- Provide support and work with Supervisors/Production Aids and Training Coordinators for continued enhancement of training and training materials.
- Assist Training Team with new course development and assignment to ensure training/tracking requirements are met.
- Assist Training Team by supporting additional/related projects as needed.
- Develop and deploy technical training communication and strategies.
- Evaluate training effectiveness and adjust accordingly.
- Assist with new process start-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Knowledge of how to support/effectively deliver training materials.
- Knowledge of how to effectively communicate and market training programs to the organization.
- Comfortable presenting and facilitating.
- Basic analytical ability.
- Computer proficiency (specifically MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and a high-quality graphics program).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to develop and carry through action plans.
- Basic client service and consultation skills.
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels and from various backgrounds and organizations.
- Ability to work under limited supervision. Organize work flow, prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to understand technical components, compile into teaching units and then train those materials.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to support needs assessments.
- Ability to use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness while experiencing major changes in work tasks or in the environment.
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to facilitate learning and gain commitment at all levels of the organization.
- Minimum 4-6 years electrical/mechanical (technical) manufacturing experience.
- Minimum 4-6 years of training experience
- Some background in the facilitation of GMP training and employee development programs.
- Vocational training experience.
- Familiarity with networking and online training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Indoors, clean room, wearing personal protective equipment, loud/machine noises.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.