Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Process vendor supplied training documentation
Process knowledge training delivery
Manage updates of training content as part of change control / document change control process
Review local and global documents for assignment accuracy
Deliver EHS, GMP, gowning, train-the-trainer, and other courses
Deliver QuickStart course material
Deliver technical training as required
Track training assignments and modify as required
Prepare reports on training completion and update business units on training progress
Monitor training effectiveness
Develop training plans for business units
Track new hire training progress and ensure timely completion of assigned training
Support change management efforts to ensure both business processes and culture are prepared for the successful implementation of training services and enterprise solutions.
• 3+ Years experience as a technical trainer with both classroom and OJT training experience
5+ Years experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing, medical device manufacturing, or other FDA regulated industry
• High school diploma or equivalent required, AA preferred.
• Experience with one or more of the following: Quality Control Laboratories, Warehouse operations, Manufacturing, Maintenance, or Utility Operations
• Qualified trainer certification, either internal or external
• Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
• No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
• Will work in a cold, wet environment on occasion
• Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends on occasion
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
• May be required to work in a confined area.
• Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
• Must be able to stand for periods of time to deliver training (up to 4 hours at a time)