As part of JCI's Fire Protection Products, Learning & Development serves internal and external customers through a variety of L&D and performance support offerings. Providing these offerings is possible due to a larger process that analyzes the needs of targeted learners and their companies, designing the offerings to meet business objectives, developing and delivering the content in the most effective learning format, distributing it through the most effective means and, finally, evaluating its effectiveness over time to drive continual improvement for increased positive business impact. What you will do:
The primary function of this position is to design, develop, and deliver technical product training programs via various modes for multiple Fire Protection Products student populations. How you will do it:
What we look for:
- De velop and deliver product training to Fire Protection Products customers.
- Determine development & delivery needs of various audiences: technician, sales, project support staff, and end-user customers.
- Provide proactive liaison with target audiences, to identify changing strategy and tactics, and describe emerging development needs.
- Develop alternative methods of delivery, utilizing most effective media, systems, and dissemination vehicles.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Technology, Education, Engineering or related equivalent;
- Four (minimum) to eight (preferred) years successful experience in corporate training environment;
- Fire Alarm (preferred), other low voltage control and networked systems field experience (preferred);
- Experience using multi-media and web development (preferred) and Microsoft Office tools (minimum).
Who we are
- Fluent in English is required;
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level II or equivalent industry certification (preferred);
- Prior technical training / certification in Simplex Fire Alarm Systems (preferred).
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com .
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.