The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Technical Training Program Leader in Electronic Materials / CMP Technologies, located in Newark, Delaware. We are opening this position to support our current and next-generation growth objectives. This position will report to the CMP Quality Director.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- The Technical Training Program Leader owns the Global Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP) Technologies Business Technical Training Program and is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating effectiveness of technical training across the global organization. The ideal candidate for this position will have expertise in designing and delivering training to a technical audience. This role will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to identify training needs, assess training gaps and develop solutions to deliver needs through the training program. The Technical Training Program Leader will partner with learning leaders, training experts and subject matter experts (SMEs) in order to deliver effective training solutions aligned with business goals.
Tactical Work Expectations:
- Execute routine and periodic technical training sessions across global organizational footprint
- Develop and implement multi-tiered field service engineer training
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in content generation
- Ensure trainers are trained and effective in delivering content
- Coach and develop technical trainers
- Maintain network of SMEs to provide content and deliver training
- Coordinate with cross-functional learning leaders and Sales/Marketing managers to update training requirements and matrices for departments
- Work with SMEs to develop proper format and delivery for content to be trained
- Ensure training requirements are met as part of on-boarding within the Quality/Sales/Marketing organizations.
- Assist global commercial managers to monitor employees' training progress and track expertise levels
Strategic Leadership Expectations:
- Ensure the goals of the CMP Business Technical Training Program are being met in alignment with Partner of Choice (POC) initiative
- Define training needs for account teams supported top tier customers
- Identify trends from market, account mgrs., R&D leaders, etc. and work with SMEs (content owners) to update training material
- Define SME needs and ensure organizational alignment on their assignment/commitment
- Develop effectiveness measures of training and work with department managers to measure ongoing effectiveness
- Work across functions with training coordinators and learning leaders to properly integrate training requirements and programs
- Coordinate with training experts to implement a "train the trainers" program as a best practice to deliver training content
- Ensure marketing and sales teams training programs are identified and executed through tracking and recording in learning management system (working with managers)
- Direct work experience in developing and delivering training across an organization
- Proven track record of meeting goals and timelines
- Demonstrated communication skill experience with all levels of organization and across cultures
- Experience leading projects across global sites and cultures
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of Adult Learning Theory and ADDIE methodology
- A minimum of 15% Travel is required, could be more, both Domestically and Internationally, in particular, Asia.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- College Degree or Certification in HR, Communication, Education or related field
- Masters Degree in Engineering, Science or Technical related field
- CMP specific knowledge on products and end use performance
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- The following Licenses/Certifications are preferred:
- CPLP (Certified Professional in Learning & Performance)
- PHR (Professional in Human Resources)
- SHRM-SCP (Society of Human Resources Management -Senior Certified Professional)
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Exceptional ability to build relationships - collaborate across different legs of the organization to deliver results.
- Proven project management skills - training requires multiple projects to be managed with varying timelines. This involves continually working prioritization and resourcing across the organization.
- Excellent communication is a key characteristic of the job to ensure a good alignment between our business needs/priorities, manufacturing and our suppliers. Being clear, concise and articulated, as well as summarizing complex cases into simpler actionable plans is a key requirement.
- Strong ability to work independently and proactively work with global stakeholders for timely delivery of results
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering, Science or Technical related field with 10 years relevant experience
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food.