Technical UX Designer – 343 Industries (Halo)
The Technical UX Designer is part of the core team that drives the design vision for user interface systems around menus, navigation, customization, and the HUD. Working with teams across the studio to design, implement, and deliver a wide variety of features from spec to screen, the Technical UX Designer is comfortable collaborating with individuals from any role, team, and level and is a master craftsman - you take paper ideas and make them real from start to finish.
• Work other Designers to create feature specs and flows to articulate the user experience to a wide audience
• Collaborate with Producers, Engineers, Artists, and others to rapidly create playable prototypes
• Implement and polish final on-screen experiences
• Drive open communication across disciplines
• Ensure features are executed at quality and on time
• Represent users of all types by creating experiences that are accessible to everyone
• 2+ years of experience as a designer/developer shipping games or consumer-facing services
• An online portfolio of shipped interactive features
• Ability to pick up complex tools and familiarity with gaming industry tools and pipelines
• Talent for identifying and solving complex user experience issues
• Strong cross-disciplinary collaboration ability that makes team members and experiences better
• Exceptional verbal/written communication and presentation skills
• Intense attention to detail and quality
• Passion for games and every gamer
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.