Our client, the World's Leading Search Engine Company is seeking a Technical Writer for a long term assignment. This position is located in New York City! As a Technical Editor for our client's Developer Relations, you'll contribute to our external developer web site that teaches developers how to use our client's APIs and developer tools to build modern web and mobile apps. You'll review new content created by tech writers, engineers, and product managers, ensure it is designed in accordance with our style guide and that it reflects best practices for user experience on our client's web site. As a Technical Editor, you juggle a variety of projects, from reading and editing/writing example code, to updating FAQs, to drafting product announcements. When a new technical challenge rises to forefront, you are there to defuse it with your clarifying pen (or keyboard, more likely).
Technical Writer Job responsibilities include:
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs and developer products.
- Manage complex documentation projects.
- Occasionally write new technical documentation for our external developer audience, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code.
- BS/BA Degree (Manager is open to area of study - concerned more with experience) or an additional 2 + years equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS.
- Background working with APIs, SDKs, and other developer technology.
- Familiarity with command-line tools.
Nice to have:
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).
- Proficiency in a Unix environment.
If you are interested in this Technical Writer job located in New York City, then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technology, go to www.adeccona.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Chuck Oeland at (408) 328-0777 or at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled