Senior/Principal Technical Writer - Oracle Public Cloud
Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
We seek top-notch, very senior technical writers with deep cloud infrastructure knowledge and experience documenting APIs and SDKs. As an early member of this technical content team, you will have significant influence on technical content strategy in all areas, including authoring environments, integration with engineering workflows, automation tooling, and style guide development. You will also collaborate closely with our state-of-the-art user experience team to go beyond traditional forms of product documentation to deliver a ground-breaking overall user experience.
These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. At Oracle, you can have significant strategic and technical impact by helping to build innovative technical content from the ground up. Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with engineers and product managers as APIs and SDKs are developed to author documentation in real time
- Deliver accurate docs on time and with a high degree of quality
- Contribute to strategic initiatives around authoring environments, development processes, and automation tooling
- Work closely with other members of the technical content team to ensure uniformity in workflow and writing style
- Collaborate with the user experience team to ensure that technical content - including documentation, contextual help, UI text, and other forms of assistance - are discoverable, usable, and pleasing to the customer
- 7 years experience
- Impeccable written English skills
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Comfort with swiftly changing, dynamic software development situations
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to establish and follow style and usage guidelines
- Ability to drive, follow, and evangelize cross-team processes
- Experience developing API and SDK documentation
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of XML and HTML, and experience with DITA
- Understanding of transformation engines and content management systems
- Experience using distributed source code management systems such as GitHub
- Experience using enterprise-grade bug tracking systems, such as JIRA
- A history of fearless hands-on product use and a s trong customer advocate mentality
- Experience (and commitment to) capturing and maintaining institutional knowledge
- A Bachelors degree in a writing-intensive field, or significant work experience in startups or fast-paced enterprise technology development environments
- People Management experience, or leadership of a significant documentation team effort
- Knowledge of REST principles and design, and ability to write code samples in Java or C#
- Knowledge of ISCSI, Fibre Channel, and storage technologies
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test or user manuals for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. Contributes to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
As a member of the technical writing division, you will organize and prepare information for publication and develop publication concepts for the best communication of subject matter. Review technical information prepared by other staff members for clarity and content. Take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.