Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
This document outlines the employment prerequisites and job responsibilities for the position of Technical Writer. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications : QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Creating technical documentation including, but not limited to:
- Developing, writing, releasing and publishing technical reports, work instructions and correspondence, in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Developing and writing technical papers, manuals and supporting product documentation.
- Developing and publishing Standard Operating Procedures and policies.
- Supporting functional departments in the creation of technical documents including, but not limited to:
- Developing, and applying uniform formats and protocols for the formatting, approval, presentation and release of technical documents.
- Reviewing technical reports, work instructions and correspondence for standardized formatting, technical accuracy, clarity and proper grammar and spelling.
- Reviewing manuals, for technical accuracy and completeness.
- Reviewing Training documentation and videos for accuracy and suitability for customer release.
- Facilitate project teams as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Meets budget constraints and deadlines as required.
- Interfaces and communicates with an international group of subject matter experts to ensure that product functionality, manufacturing, service and user issues are incorporated into the resulting materials.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, thorough, accurate.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Ability to handle a broad range of tasks with multiple priorities.
- Ability to extract information from interviews, technical documents, test data and hands-on work with a device and convert it to the appropriate level for the intended audience.
- Ability to read and understand prints/drawings, wiring diagrams, flow charts a plus.
- Demonstrated writing competency.
- One to three years experience in technical publications, preferably medical product related documentation.
- Proficient with print (Adobe Frame maker) and electronic publishing software and Mac or PC hardware.
- Basic knowledge of production design, printing, photography, graphics
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Basic knowledge of medical devices, mechanics/electronics, and/or medical software.
- BS/BA in Technical Communications or in a related communications field with a strong scientific or engineering background.
- 1-5 years experience with regulating bodies (FDA, UL, TUV) or the medical industry is preferred.
#LI-LA1-P PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to sit for most of the work day.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a manufacturing environment regulated by the FDA and many other work rules to prevent damage to the product we manufacture. Some of those work rules include but are not limited to:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Wearing a static protective smock at all times while in the work area
- Working in close proximity to other employees.
- Working in an environment that is temperature and humidity controlled.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.