The Technical Writer will join Oracle's industry-leading Hospitality Business Unit in creating technically accurate and comprehensive technical documentation for our product offerings in the hospitality industry. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class operational and technical documentation to support their business. In this position, you will be retrieving, organizing, analyzing, and synthesizing complex subject matter and transforming it into easy-to-understand content for diverse audiences.
We seek a top-notice Senior Technical Writer will work with our developers, quality assurance engineers, product managers, and others to understand the behavior and nuances of our products. Additional consideration will be given for candidates that have experience documenting APIs. You will also collaborate with a strong team of technical writers in providing a consistent content strategy across all Hospitality technical product documentation.
These are exciting times in our space - we are growing and working on ambitious new initiatives. At Oracle, you can have significant strategic and technical impact by helping to build innovative technical content from the ground up.
- Creating and/or revising product documentation content, which includes user, installation, operation and maintenance concepts and procedures
- Deliver accurate docs on time and with a high degree of quality
- Representing the department on project teams, while fostering teamwork and collaboration within and across work groups
- Anticipating issues and addressing then proactively
- Learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users
- Contributing to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives
- Work closely with other members of the technical content team to ensure uniformity in workflow and writing style
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others
- 5 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Proficiency in extracting subject matter expert knowledge and communicating it in a meaningful way
- Good understanding and experience in structured topic authoring and minimalism
- Experience with XML authoring tools and DITA
- Demonstrated experience creating end-user documentation, developer documentation and API documentation
- Content strategy experience, including experience defining metadata
- Experience with technical content, preferably at a software company
- Proven ability to create and implement a project plan
- Ability to prioritize and focus on what's of highest value to customers
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Comfort with swiftly changing, dynamic software development situations
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Nice to have - Knowledge of REST principles and design
Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test or user manuals for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. Contributes to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
As a member of the technical writing division, you will design, create and deliver whole product documentation sets and/or related courseware. Edit, organize and direct the work activities of other technical writers and staff. Plan the format, arrange the layout of publications and edit work for conformance to publication standards and specifications.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.