The Fusion Human Capital Management Information Development team is responsible for developing user assistance, videos, and courseware to support the Oracle HCM Cloud Service applications. This position will support our more technical documentation, such as APIs, Security, or Integrations. Our team works closely with the product development team throughout the development process.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; prepares written communication and conveys this information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Experience writing end user/technical documentation and training for end users and administrators that complies with company style standards and is appropriate for the intended audience; requires minimal rework during editing and review process.
- Experience developing videos or demos highly desirable.
- Experience developing curriculum and testing curriculum activities highly desirable.
- Experience developing API, Security, or Integration documentation highly desirable.
- Experience reviewing user interfaces to ensure quality and consistency of style standards.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a larger, very collaborative team; ability to develop working relationships with other internal groups to meet objectives and complete tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills; anticipates problems and develops contingency plans for projects.
- Ability to grasp and communicate technical and functional concepts quickly and effectively.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, schedule, and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Organized, professional, and motivated. Sense of humor a plus.
- Willingness to work with world-wide development and information development teams.
- Experience with Oracle Applications desirable; demonstrates a broad understanding of Oracle's business and operational units.
- Understanding of product development lifecycle and product design desirable.
- Interest in learning new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability in identifying process improvements and delivering presentations/demonstrations to colleagues as part of information sharing sessions.
- Willingness to learn a new help/documentation strategy, and desire to contribute to the development and improvement of that strategy.
- Prior experience with DITA and understanding of a minimalist documentation approach.
- Knowledge of REST principles and design.
Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test or user manuals for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. Contributes to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
As a member of the technical writing division, you will organize and prepare information for publication and develop publication concepts for the best communication of subject matter. Review technical information prepared by other staff members for clarity and content. Take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.